- RSAP accepting submissions for 2012-2013 RSAP Book Prize–deadline 12/1/14
- CFP for SSAWW 2015, panel on Ethnic American Women and Illustrated Periodicals–deadline 12/5/14
About the organization:
The Research Society for American Periodicals is an interdisciplinary organization of scholars interested in American magazines and newspapers. Founded in 1991, the organization was established to offer scholars in American literature and culture, and all interested persons, an opportunity to share in the study and appreciation of American periodicals. Through its annual meetings, scholarly panels, special symposia, miscellaneous publications, and this website, RSAP provides a medium of communication among interested scholars and expands the possibilities of scholarly and critical study of an important part of American literary and cultural history.
Activities of the Research Society for American Periodicals include:
- Publishing the scholarly journal American Periodicals
- Hosting a frequently-updated page of resources on American periodicals
- Sponsoring panels at the annual meeting of the American Literature Association
- Awarding two prizes to scholars publishing in the field of American periodicals
- Maintaining a free moderated discussion list
WANT TO JOIN RSAP? Do so by subscribing to our journal, American Periodicals.
RSAP is a non-profit organization and no part of its revenues shall inure to the benefit of its members.