WANT TO JOIN RSAP? Do so by subscribing to our journal American Periodicals. (Clicking the link will allow you to view or download our subscription form in pdf format. Print the form, fill it out, and send it in via MAIL or FAX.)
The Research Society for American Periodicals is an interdisciplinary organization of scholars interested in American magazines and newspapers.Founded in 1991, the organization was established to offer scholars in American literature and culture, and all interested persons, an opportunity to share in the study and appreciation of American periodicals. Through its annual meetings, scholarly panels, special symposia, miscellaneous publications, and this website, RSAP provides a medium of communication among interested scholars and expands the possibilities of scholarly and critical study of an important part of American literary and cultural history.
RSAP is a non-profit organization and no part of its revenues shall inure to the benefit of its members.
Activities of the Research Society for American Periodicals include:
- Publishing the scholarly journal American Periodicals
- Hosting a frequently-updated page of resources on American periodicals
- Sponsoring panels at the annual meeting of the American Literature Association
- Awarding two prizes to scholars publishing in the field of American periodicals
- Maintaining a free moderated discussion list
To learn more about the organization’s various activities, click on any linked text.